Saturday, October 10, 2009

What is a friend? The dictionary defines it thus:
Someone attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard. Someone who gives assistance; patron; supporter.

Another definition.... "A friend is a tender shoulder on which to softly cry. A well to pour your troubles down and raise your spirits high. A friend is a hand to pull you up from darkness and despair...when all your other "so called" friends have helped to put you there. A true friend is an ally who can't be moved or bought. A voice to keep your name alive when others have forgot." Author Unknown

I have a trusted few who fit these words with whom I have shared some times of Despair and Happiness. But there is one with whom I have shared every aspect of the words above and more...one who I have given to gladly, although what she has given me in return she may never know. Because it is not in her makeup to know...she gave it without knowing because she loved...and I gave in return all knowing...because I loved her. One who shared my waking moments and my sleep, one who shared milestones in my Life. One who was always there to comfort just by her very presence...one who allowed me to care for her even in her deepest abyss...even when she feared the caring but somehow overcame it with trust for me to help her. One who allowed me to repay her in kind for the loving devotion she offered to me so selflessly for her entire beautiful existence....and I thank her for giving me that opportunity to be for her what she was for me.

This is for you, My Beautiful Jasmyn Skye. You were my Ray of Light and Laughter, my best Friend in days of Sunlight and through nights of Darkness, my Angel who shared my Life in a special way no other could. I loved you from the moment you entered my world until the very last moment...when you entered your own dark place but still loved and trusted me enough to let me hold and guide you to your next Home. And when you drew your last precious breath, you were still there for me...letting me know that Trust and Love does not perish with the body.

I love you now and always, my Jasmyn Skye. And I will see you again one day and we will rest together once more. I miss you, my Friend and my Baby...and I will cherish what you gave to me Forever...a Friendship that can be built only on Trust and Love. That is what I will hold dear always. And I will not mourn your passing too long...but instead rejoice in the blessing and privilege of sharing my life with a Friend as precious as you.

**Thank you to my incredible husband and children, who have loved and helped care for Jasmyn all of her 15 years with us, and who have given her and me unconditional support through her illness. And to her sister Tiki, just for being her. We love and miss our baby.**

**Many thanks to our wonderful vet and her staff at Carousel Cat Clinic, who have supported and cared for Jasmyn from her birth to her passing. I can't stress enough the value and importance of a vet staff like this! Your compassion is deeply appreciated. You have all been lifesavers.**

**Special Thanks to the Feline CRF Support Group, without whom Jas and I could not have made it so far. Their kindness and information and encouragement are the best! If you or someone you know is caring for a kitty with Chronic Renal Failure, please visit them at this link and join their message board***
http://www.felinecrf.com/links0.htm

**But MOST of all, THANK YOU to these Beautiful, Special, and Brave kitties who have fought the good fight for so long with so much Courage and Trust and Love! You are the truly AMAZING ones! Because of YOU, CRF for me now means...
Courageous Remarkable Fighters!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL....**

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal." Author Unknown

13 comments:

Sofia and Sharon said...

What a beautiful cat she is. I was reading you'r posting of you'r cat in the yahoo group and it touched my heart of the brave cat that Jasmin was and the wonderful mom that you were. God bless you and now it is God's turn to take care of her.

-Sofia,Sharon, and Toska our Cat

Unknown said...

What a beautiful girl she is, I have a special fondness for siamese, both my heart kitties are siamese.

She is with you always in you heart and memories and anytime you want to visit her she is only a thought or dream away ...

RagsQueen said...

My heart breaks with you.

Heidi said...

Dear Jasmyn,

I wanted to tell you how much your mommy loves you and how sad she is that you are gone. You are such a beautiful kitty. I hope that you are resting and playing at the Rainbow Bridge. Your mommy will always hold you in her heart and will see you when she gets there.
Your mommy used to write to me and tell me how much she loved you and what a fighter you are. Remember that she will always love you and that space and time will never put a stop to that love.

Heidi A. Dietrich

Vickie Bowie said...

I joined the Yahoo support group because my mother's cat has CRF and I wanted to learn as much as I could about it. I have only been reading and not participating, but wanted to offer my sympathy to you for the loss of your lovely Jasmyn. What a beautiful tribute you have created for her here.

My heart ached for you as I read the most recent posts...I know how hard it is to have an ailing cat and to be unsure when the right time is to release them. I think it was very courageous of you to recognize that Jasmyn was ready, and that you were able to let her go. I know the mixed feelings of relief and grief are hard, and I hope that you are comforted by the realization that you did the best you could do for Jasmyn and that I am sure she is grateful for every loving moment she spent with you.

Renee said...

What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful kitty.

I’m very sorry for your loss of Jasmyn.

May God place his hand on your shoulder and give you peace and strength during this most difficult time and in the days to come.

Big hug,
Renee
Abbey, Olive, and Angel Tuxie

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful girl. I am so sorry about your sweet kitty. RIP Jasmyn

Beth and Ophelia from the CRF pages.

Leonor said...

She was a beautiful girl, so special. Thank you for sharing with us.

Mary C. said...

Jai, you have given a most beautiufl and fitting tribute to your beloved Jasmyn, very inspiring and insightful. You have so aptly described what a true friend IS, and I have no doubt that your beloved Jasmyn exceeded those qualities. The purest form of love is that unconditional love often seen between a human and their beloved pet. Jai, you were very blessed to have such a deep bond with your sweet Jas, and I know both your lives were enriched beyond measure.
I am so sorry for your loss. He will always be with you in spirit.
He is no longer sick now, and I'm sure my angel Hamlet will be playing with him, looking out for him.
To Jasmyn: Jas, your mommy and I wrote often about you and how you were doing. She was very dedicated to you and loved you very much. You were so blessed to have had such a loving mommy.
My deep sympathy,
Mary C., mom to Misty, Claus and angel Hamlet

Anonymous said...

What an amazing blessing these small creatures are in our lives. If they didn't matter so much to us, didn't alter our hearts, then we wouldn't grieve when they leave us.

I think the grief is well worth all the joy, laughter and comfort they bring us throughout their lives with us.

I wish you peace and the knowledge that you will see your Jas again some day. What a wonderful day that will be!

Christy, Fred and Angel Bailey Blue

Mojo_08 said...

What a beautiful tribute to your friend Jasmyn. I know well the pain of losing a beloved cat to CRF. I lost my Cloud in July '08 after a 29 month battle. Bless you.

Anonymous said...

RIP Jasmyn. Your mommy loved you so much.
Love to you Gypse!
Debbie (BosJerseyGirl)

My Beautiful Jasmyn said...

Thank you to all who have visited here, left comments, or just left your spirit. I read here daily and sometimes read these to Jasmyn. I know she is somewhere playing and stops to listen...and if cats can smile, she is smiling.